Prerna a center for Special Learning Needs (SLN) an initiative of Calorx Foundation. Prerna believes in ‘Each & Every’ – Every child has a potential to learn, where he/she is accepted, understood and supported in the way he/she can learn.
Prerna aims to identify the innate abilities of ‘Each & Every’- child to grow & shine as per their potential in spite of their difficulties. Focus is also to develop and enhance their social skills, emotional skills and life skills which will empower them to grow holistically which supports them in their future.
Some unique features of Prerna:
- At Prerna the student is provided an integrated learning experience to nurture his/her potential to the fullest through indigenously developed methodology, where the focus is on concept based learning.
- The school facilitates certification of students to avail of all the concessions offered by CBSE for students with LD.
- The Special Educators of the institute cater to the learning needs of the students by adopting the Multi-Sensorial approach to teaching and learning.
- Theme based teaching with the help of Gardeners Multiple Intelligence approach helps students identify their own learning style and learn in the best possible way.
- Math and English Learning Labs focus on bringing up the academic levels of the students.
- Individualized Education Programme (IEP) is also followed to meet short and long term academic and behavioral goals of the student.
- All the special educators of Prerna are continuously put through various training programme to upgrade their skills and teaching method.
- Prerna follows the inclusive –exclusive approach where all the academic needs are catered to within Prerna but all other co-curricular activities are done with the mainstream.
- Prerna also offers training programmes to teachers on teaching methods and handling LD.
- We also help in identifying students and suggesting remedial measures.
- All students are given Vocational Guidance through aptitude tests and counselor suggestions.